Pools Winter Closing Instructions
One Week before closing, pour ____ounces of Pool Magic+PHOSfree into the skimmer with the pump running.
- Remove any debris from the pool using a leaf rake, leaf bagger or skimmer net.
- Brush and vacuum the pool.
- Pour __________ounces of ProTeam Metal Magic around the perimeter of the pool with the pump running.
Wait 1 hour with the pump running.
- Adjust the Total Alkalinity to 80-120 ppm, depending upon the type of primary sanitizer used. (80-100 ppm for sodium hypochloite, calsium hypochlorite or lithium hypochlorite and 100-120 ppm for dichlor, trichlo, and bromine tablets.)
- Adjust the pH to 7.4-7.6
- Adjust the Calcium Hardness to 200-400 ppm
- Add ______ounces of Algeatec to a bucket of water then pour around the perimeter with the pump running.
Wait 4 hours with the pump running
- Broadcast _______pounds of Proteam Quick Shock across the pool surface. Note: use initial doseage levels
- Bring the chlorine level to 2.0-4.0 ppm.
Wait 8 hours with the pump running.
- Backwash or manually clean the filter.
- Lower the water level below the skimmer and all return lines (normally 18 inches below the tile line).
- Remove the drain plugs from the pump strainer basket housing, the pump volute, the filter tank and the heater.
- If the pool has a booster pump or automatic chlorinator, drain them.
- Turn off the main power supply and remove the on and off trippers from the time clock.
- Position the multi-port valve handle between any two settings. This will ensure all ports are partially open to allow for freeze expansion.
- Place all the drain plugs in the pump strainer basket and repalce the lid.
- When the water is completely drained out of the plumbing lines, put winterizing plugs into the return line and skimmer line.
- Add swimming pool anti-freeze to all lines at the rate of one gallon per 10 feet of pipe.
- Refill the pool to 4” to 6” below the skimmer inlet in vinyl liner pools or 4-6” below the tile line in gunite pools.
- Remove all ladders, hoses, and over-the-top skimmers. Remove the automatic pool cleaner and drain it completely. Store in a non-freezing location with the hoses straight.
- Install the pool cover.